Hi I’m Courtney, writer and creator of Courtney Candidly!
But what about me?!
Ekkk I start to get that feeling like I’m back in school and the teacher asks the class to go around and say something “interesting” about themselves.
When all of a sudden your mind goes completely blank and you are convinced that nothing interesting has ever happened to you, ever.
But I’ll do my best..
But I’ve made one promise to myself: to be happy.
5 years ago, I was in a completely different place. I was in a total rut, coasting through life with no direction or purpose. I really had no idea who I was, or what I wanted. And I started to notice that I just wasn’t my normal, happy self anymore.
So I became obsessed with figuring out how to live a life that made me happy. I knew that there was a way to do it, but I just needed to figure out how! I wouldn’t accept that a normal part of aging was having the joy sucked out of you…. no way!
I’ve tried things like changing careers and moving out of the country just to make sure I left no stone unturned. And what I’ve come to understand, is that it’s actually not as hard as we think. You don’t have to hit the lotto to be happy (but if that comes, I will TOTALLY welcome it).
Simply put, we become happier when we let go of the things that are holding us down. Life get’s better when we let go of fears that are holding us back, when we find out what sets our souls on fire, and when we give ourselves a little boost of confidence to pursue what we love.
So, I hope Courtney Candidly becomes a place that inspires you! A place to escape, relax, have some fun, and hopefully a place for you to open your mind and your heart.
Because what I really want for you, is to live your best life. A life you love. You really, really deserve that.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME!
1. I was born and raised in Southern California, and I currently live in Los Angeles
2. I’m a weird mix of someone who tries to eat healthy foods but also loves a good Taco Bell drive thru (the Ying and the Yang)
3. I once moved to Italy to teach English
4. I used to work in Reality TV for The Bachelor/Bachelorette
5. I aspire to become the perfect mix of Oprah and Beyonce
6. I am a huge fan of Flaming Hot Cheetos (maybe I don’t eat as healthy as I thought ha!)
7. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we’re not getting married anytime soon, if ever! (but don’t worry everything’s OK lol). He also has 2 beautiful children, so I’m kind of getting the hang of Step Mom life.
8. I’m a closet fan of some REALLY bad reality TV, and I can’t exactly figure out why? (what’s wrong with me?!)
9. I currently work in Interior Design (never too late to try something new)
10. In my spare time I solve crime alongside detective benson on Law and Order SVU.
So come, sit down and hang out for a while…. I’m excited for us to go on this journey together! After all, self discovery doesn’t have to be so serious 🙂
If you want to keep the conversation going, sign up below to join my weekly newsletter. (I promise- no spam!!)
Until next time Xx,